Friday, September 12, 2008

Home of the Hot Accents

After Sydney, Auckland, Shanghai, Hong Kong and London-in-a-hurry, I have finally arrived.

And what a lovely place to arrive in.

In order to educate myself quickly on all things Irish, we took a tour of the Liffey River and had dinner at the Brazen Head, oldest pub in Ireland.

Bonus facts about Ireland:

1. The harp logo on Guiness is deliberately different to the National Emblem, as the government doesn't want to appear to endorse drinking. And apparently the Irish don't need encouragement.

Yikes, just realised that the only facts I remember had something to do with Guiness (did you know the water for it comes from the Liffey?).

Enough now.

Do love this place though, even though it is now raining for the tenth time in three days. My first impressions are colourful flowers and vines, old brick buildings, hilarious people and hot accents.

Things are happening even faster than they did in Sydney. Within two days I had a tax number, back account and job.

Looks like Ireland and me are meant to be.

xx L

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"back account" that's a first i must say.

Congrats on the job.

Little Red Riding Hood said...

Tanks!! (Get it, hehe)

Just my opinion said...

Thats way quicker than London. All that could take months!

Anonymous said...

Friend! www.gmlvl.com was known to me due to its safety. But Occasionally, Today I found www.gmlvl.com were releasing new promotion. their leveling service looks really cheap. Before that, WOTLK Fast PowerLeveling 70-80 $129.99 Now only $89. I am overwhelmed by their amazing price.I will not let this precious to fly away from my eye.