Saturday, April 21, 2007

A selfish post to attract sympathy

I have the flu. Hence the reason why I'm stuck at home on a Saturday night, contemplating going to a party. Though I'm not sure I'm up to getting behind the wheel; I could barely rouse up the energy to get out of bed today. So if I did go to this party I would probably sit, bleary eyed in a corner while my friends screamed and danced and were their usual hypo selves. And I would just look like an antisocial drug addict. Which I'm not, by the way. Saturday nights at home are still depressing in comparison however.

My sickness makes me think - who looks after the lonely ill? I don't know what I would do if flatmates (ones I'm very fond of) friends, boyfriends or family weren't around. Some people don't have them. You see, I'm very lazy when I'm sick, and need round the clock service. If I had no friends my health would be in jeopardy.

I'm also thinking about how fun it's going to be with all these new co bloggers... Mwah haha. Can't wait.

Anyway, just thought you should know how sick I am. Think of me when you sip your chardonnay tonight.

xx L

5 comments:

fatfa said...

Oh Lulu love look after yourself!

I have contracted a yucky throat full of pus and constant coughing, my couple of glasses of sav have eased it a bit, so I share the sickness feeling.

Look after yourself, and send you lots of wellington love.

Stirling said...

yes sickness is sick movies @ mine k

Lulu said...

Thanks Welly Girl. You're not saying you want to spend another night with me tossing and turning do you? ;) Oh behaaave baby.

Stirling said...

hahaa lulu do you really think you could satisfy my hankering for blood??? do you hahaha see you tonight

fatfa said...

Tossing and turning can be fun, it just depends in which context and who with ;-)