Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Happy Waitangi Day


So it's Waitangi Day again and I certainly am not out celebrating, unlike on Australia Day.
It would be great if Waitangi Day got turned into the same celebration as our counterparts across the ditch.

What have I done to mark today? Well as many know I am a hopeless romantic and yet have never seen 'Dirty Dancing', so I have just finished watching it and now understand why everyone raves about it, it is truly a fanatstic romance movie and makes one *sigh* and only hope one day that same form of love will happen to me.

Dirty Dancing is definitely up there now as one of my favourites.

4 comments:

Little Red Riding Hood said...

Forget your heritage - NZ is so much better.

Just my opinion said...

We celebrated Waitangi Day over two days over here. The pub crawl was a great day out and Sundays Hangi was superb. Every Kiwi here did themselves proud.

NZ should do something like Aussie Day. Every single Aussie I know over here was bursting with pride about being an Aussie. There is be nothing wrong with being patriotic.

fatfa said...

I would not say refugee.

Although I am from the outback, so some of the city slicker Aussie's (who therefore aren't your fair dinkum' aussies) would probably argue that I was trying to escape the extreme heat and wild animals and get some culture.

And the amazing landscape - if you know the Northern Territory my home town in Katherine.

Bruce Hoult said...

Yeah, a good flick. I enjoyed seeing it in the theatres when it came out, and bought the DVD a year or two back form the $10 bin. I still enjoy it altouygh I don't play it as often as Casablanca or Lost in Translation.