Thursday, January 24, 2008

Summertime... When the living's easy

Everyone is more good looking in the summer. The heat (sometimes) takes away our apetites, leaving us with cave like stomachs. And those of us fortunate enough to tan go a nice healthy nut brown. Sexual encounters are sweaty, slippery (or even underwater) romps. Hair gets highlighted in the sun and at the end of the day when it's time to start sipping the Summer Ale, people are left with a sunkissed, glowing look. Hair straighteners are discarded for beach hair and disappeared freckles return with a vengeance.

It seems like even the media has a cheery tone to it; I haven't seen any grumpy reporting for ages. Summer is the perfect time to fall in love.

And although I've had my fair share of sexy boys over New Years, I can't seem to summon up the enthusiasm to fall hopelessly.

I suspect part of the reason for this is that I already have a huge crush on someone. (Though trying to quelch the inconvenient sensation) Ouch. And moving in three weeks.

I feel like I'm in limbo. An emotional, inconclusive dead end. Help!

xx L

No comments: